This blog will chronicle my medical volunteer work with Village Health Works in Burundi.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My newest friends in Kigutu








This was the best. I went down to the village in Kigutu, a five minute walk from the hospital. The girls from the village were all together, and I wanted to take their picture. At the direction of someone from the clinic, they all got in this group in about one second. after I took the pictures, they all gathered around screaming and laughing and crowding in to see the pictures. They were so excited that I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time. the girls, as you can see, are beautiful.

The next picture is of the woman, Claudine, who teaches the dance class, and her adorable baby. I went to one of her dance classes today. Pictures to follow.

The last pictures are of children from the clinic yesterday.









1 comment:

  1. I CANNOT EVEN IMAGINE THEIR PAIN. IT’S HARD TO BELIEVE THERE IS MUCH SUFFERING JUDGING BY THE SMILES AND JOY IN THEIR EYES. THESE CHILDREN ARE REMARKABLE. IT’S A BIT OVERWHELMING TO READ YOUR POSTINGS, BUT I DO. YOU TELL THESES ENCOUNTERS SO WELL, I ALMOST FEEL LIKE I’M THERE WITNESSING EVERYTHING. I’M GLAD YOU ARE THERE; I DON’T THINK I KNOW ANYONE AS KIND AND CARING AS YOU. YOU ARE MAKING SUCH A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIVES OF THESE CHILDREN. BE SAFE.

    ReplyDelete